How long does it take to exit a business?
Did you know that nearly 50% of successful business owners hope to exit their companies within the next five years? Unless those owners are aware of The Seven Step Exit Planning Process,™ it is doubtful that they will exit in the way in which they desire. Many business owners are also unaware that exiting a business often takes 3-5 years of planning and implementation, yet many business owners are ready to exit. The SBA observes that “at any given time, 40% of U.S. businesses are facing the transfer of ownership issue” and “the primary cause for failure…is lack of planning.”
If you are considering the timing of exiting your business, there are three critical keys to realizing your future:
- A road map. Exit planning is a process that helps owners decide where they want to go, as well as how to get there.
- Experienced guides. Owners must assemble a team of trained and experienced advisors to guide them through choices and decisions as they work toward their goals.
- Implementation plan. Success depends upon a disciplined implementation timetable keyed to an owner’s exit plan. Without experienced advisors, an exit plan, and an implementation timetable, the chances for a successful exit are slim.
Why are we members of BEI?
Altus is a member of the BEI Network of exit planning advisors for three simple reasons:
- Access to updated tools, changing information and state-of-the-art design ideas necessary to design an effective exit plan for your specific situation;
- Access to other trained exit planning advisors in a variety of disciplines. We can draw upon their ideas (if necessary) when designing your exit plan;
- Ongoing education to keep us at the cutting edge of exit planning.
Why should you work with an exit planning advisor?
We work as part of an inter-disciplinary team of advisors. We know that a successful exit is the product of trained, experienced professionals who work together to meet your exit planning goals.
How do you create an exit plan?
We create owner-centered exit plans based on your goals, objectives, and concerns. Only after carefully reviewing your specific needs and questions do we begin to create your unique exit plan.
Where can I learn more about the exit planning process?
We provide free resources and educational tools to help business owners prepare for their exit. Sign up for our e-newsletters and visit our Learn page to browse downloadable white papers and articles.
How much do you charge?
Our fees are based on the creation and implementation of a written exit plan.
How do I get started?
Call Altus Exit Strategies LLC at 207.772.1981 today to talk about navigating your successful exit, or email David Jean, CPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.